Monday, September 17, 2012

Some Mopey Awkz Lyf


I’ve forgotten how it feels to be the token foreign student. En plus, when the environment is an overdose of the incredibly foreign. I’m unbelievably awkward around strangers unless I have a posy to back me up. The language barrier exacerbates this phenomenon, and neither of my friends can do much to help as they are mostly busy crafting shenanigans with their respective gangs of actual friends. *cue sad puppy face.* As a result, my voice becomes hoarse from long stretches of silence, and I tail people like an obnoxious shadow but try not to be in the way. It’s not a very fun scene. At least I have my camera and can distance myself from the situation by feeling like I have a job to do: one of cool, third party observation and documentation. This might come off to the others as blase grumpiness, but alas. Hopefully not.  

Perfectly wedged under that annoying little metal bar. 
One morning, I was washing my contact lens case when one of the caps fell into the sink. It was just the perfect size to get stuck. *Doh.* Why do these sorts of things happen to me. I didn't want to say anything about it so I tried to engineer a solution without raising alarm. Ended up fishing it out with a custom shaped clothes hanger after great effort. Maybe I should become a surgeon?

This incident is pretty symbolic of how I felt most of the weekend: Incognito-ly sheepish. 


No comments:

Post a Comment