Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Marrakech, Morocco: Day 9 and 10


Day 9:
The last full day consists almost solely of unphotogenic, semi-frantic work. We wrap up every plate, cup, etc, etc from Day 6 in bubble wrap, which takes hours. We fill up cardboard boxes with forgotten knick knacks. 

For dinner, we are to return to Thierry's and Sebastien's to eat a pizza, and we had agreed to pick up Thierry near his riad. Waiting in the car, I decide to take advantage of the passenger-side mirror to catch sniper photos of people on the street. This is the only one that really turns out. While the shallow depth of field wasn't intentional, I like the effect.




Here's a view from the top of Thierry's and Sebastien's apartment, around sunset:



Day 10:

A 6am walk up time is strangely painless after having been so rested for the duration of the trip. Our flight leaves at 9h30, and after yet again lots of Radiohead, we arrive at Lyon. Three trains and a one hour car ride later, we are back at L'Artaudie. The difference between bustling Marrakech and tranquil L'Artaudie couldn't be more extreme, and I feel much more disoriented than I probably should.

I already realize that my time in Morocco was priceless. Still, I'm glad to be back.

Thanks so much for following me along and reading!

I caught my reflection in the ceiling of the train

No comments:

Post a Comment