Wednesday, April 3, 2013

The Lifespan of a Sunset

Obviously I'm still alive, having successfully copy-pasted my March 30th word document after returning from my trip last night. I have a few more pictures to post from our trip, but before that I want to post about something entirely more important: tonight's sunset.

I think this must be the thousandth time I've taken this exact picture from the same spot. This is the first time the trees have been bare. 

Every L'Artaudie sunset is different. There's one almost every night that unfolds before you like some sort of slow-moving painting, but you have to be careful to not miss the surprisingly narrow window of time. I can tell already that this one is going to be a subtle and un-assuming one, but beautiful nonetheless. 
The colors deepen as the sun begins to dip below the band of dark cloud.

Three layers of tree-line as the sun begins to dip lower.


The last glimmer of sun, as the clouds above light up with a bright orange. The sunset for the tonight is over. Some beautiful lighting remains in the clouds for at least 10 more minutes. 



No comments:

Post a Comment