Monday, February 18, 2013

Edinburgh

Last weekend all of Stanford House took a mandatory trip to Edinburgh! It was overall a really nice chance to get away and see a new part of the UK, although there was an essay looming over my head with a Monday deadline for the duration of the trip which made the time away a little bit stressful. But the trip did remind me about how much I love to travel; I love the smell of hotel hallways and the key-cards and the breakfasts next to bustling lobbies. And Edinburgh is such a great city. I could even see myself living there. There's both a sense of oldness but also a vibrancy to it. Unlike Oxford, which is dominated by a student population, you have the impression that Edinburgh is more of a "real" place where people carry on with their lives. At the one pub we visited, we must have been the youngest group there. 

Here are some pictures from the weekend!

On a walking tour of the city




I'm actually on this trip with people! (although it may not seem so by what I tend to photograph)

Pensive. At the abbey, built in the 12th century, connected to the Royal Palace in Scotland. Creds to TPelz

My roommate, smiling as always.
There's a statue of Hume in the middle of High Street in Edinburgh!



A quick photo opp. at Stirling Castle.
Ducks at Loch Lomond




The Lock Lomond monster!



A treehouse in a backyard facing the Loch

Unreal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment