Saturday, February 2, 2013

A Humean Saturday

Word has it that my throngs of fans are getting upset with my lack of blog-presence. Patience, patience. In time. Yesterday my WWII class went to an exciting field trip in London. We visited the Cabinet War Rooms and the HMS Belfast. Both were great; I'll try to put up some choice pictures tonight! But as a result of my field trip, today and tomorrow must feature long stretches of Radcliffe Camera time with my buddy Hume. Feeling a little panicked now that I've lost my Friday afternoon's worth of essay brainstorming and outlining. 

Got here at opening this morning and left for a 30 minute Olives break (smoked salmon, cream cheese, tapenade, tomato, salad, onion on brown baguette as usual). Coming back to the library, frustratingly pondering my essay, hoards of tourists were gathering at the gates to snap pictures with the library. At least at Stanford the tourists don't take pictures of Green. For some reason these people annoyed me. Then I realized that I'm a sort of tourist here too; the Radcliffe Camera is hardly something I can feel possessive of already. ALREADY? I guess it happened quicker than I expected it to. 

Anyways, hopefully if I make acceptable progress those pictures will be up soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment