Monday, August 20, 2012

Blogging, and Leaving


I’m so sorry that I’ve neglected my blog recently. Lots of things have been going on in my life, and I’ve been thinking a lot about all the neat things I could write about. This of course means that I haven’t actually written anything. Music camp deserves at least a few posts. Outsidelands, one big one. And the conclusion of my summer stint at Philosophy Talk too. But have you been able to read about any of those extremely interesting things? No! And I’m completely to blame. Maybe I’ll churn out a few retrospective posts in the next few days about these things, because they certainly deserve their own blip of digital history. 

Please bare with me as this blog converts into a travel blog for a few weeks. I’m on the plane right now to London, with a connecting flight to Geneva, with a connecting car ride to the Middle of Nowhere, France. I haven’t been in three years and am really excited about the opportunity to gain some Frenchness and lose some of that horrendous American accent. The conversation about my departure always goes a little bit like this: 

Oh so you’re going to France! How awesome! Paris?

Nope. (Short description of my uncle’s tiny house in a tiny hamlet in a region of France that no one’s heard of ensues)

Neat!

<a few minutes later>

Have a wonderful time in Paris!

In any case, buckle up and join me. :) I’ll try to keep things interesting. You’ll hear snippets about food related things, my hilarious family members and their shenanigans, and my project to interview my grandma about growing up in Nazi occupied France. More about this in a later post!

No comments:

Post a Comment