Friday, June 22, 2012

Camping


I love camping. It's easy to forget about natural beauty when you live encased in a concrete suburbia, but just 36 hours in the outdoors can reverse all that. For example: there are actually just so many more stars than I remember! Wow! The picture: caught this little bug by surprise (by which it was a surprise for me when I looked at the picture). I like the color contrast between the flower and the bug. These wildflowers were in Salt Point State Park, where me and three of my close friends almost died of dehydration on a flat 1.2 mile trail to the beach. Besides the theme of lack of water, the trip was everything a camping trip should be: good ol' s'mores, lots of giggling about being in a tent, and a drawn out game of Truth or Truth. Note to self about next time: buy more water than you think you need. Bring more water bottles, and remember that you are whiter than you feel on the inside (ie actually wear sunscreen). Keep your mouth shut about crying babies in nearby sites because you now realize that a pack of not-quite-teens-anymore is so much more disruptive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment