Sunday, January 20, 2013

Snow

I've decided that I really like the snow. Sure, it's cold outside and bundling up is a little bit obnoxious. When the snow turns the ground into mud, or when you slip on some ice and nearly break your neck, it's never fun. But otherwise, it's great. I catch myself walking around with my mouth open to try to catch some snowflakes.

Today I took a bit of a stroll to the bookstore, Christ Church meadows, and then Corpus. A few shots came out of it, but nothing spectacular; unfortunately some snowflakes landed on my camera and prevented me from trying out some more. Once I got to Corpus, I tried taking some shots of the courtyard but was yelled at by the porter before I got a good one; he thought I was a tourist. I embarrassingly explained to him that I'm actually affiliated to Corpus through the Stanford program. He still wasn't very nice. I now feel kind of sheepish, but oh well.

Here are a few photos, posted from the comfort of the library (where I should be working on revising my essay).

This is the sun. 

Trees, chilling.

These dead leaves give a strange rattle as the snow hits them.

The snow in focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment